We understand that you are aware of and care about your own personal privacy interests, and we take that seriously. This Privacy Notice describes AddedSport’s policies and practices regarding its collection and use of your personal data, and sets forth your privacy rights. We recognize that information privacy is an ongoing responsibility, and so we will from time to time update this Privacy Notice as we undertake new personal data practices or adopt new privacy policies.
How we collect and use (process) your personal information
Seminars / Webinars:
- AddedSport hosts and participates in many events throughout the year. These include in-person seminars, school talks, public expo booths and webinars. If you register for one of our events, we will collect your name and contact information, which we will store in our database(s) and use to provide you with information and services associated with the event. We process this information to fulfil the order you have made to receive the event or web conference services.
- We keep a record of your participation in AddedSport events as an attendee. This information may be used to provide you with information about our other events, information or related services. It may also be used to help AddedSport understand our students and their guardians needs and interests to better tailor our products and services to meet your needs.
Use of the AddedSport Website (Marketing Website contact form, Conversion calculators, eBook/Blog downloads)
Cookies and web beacons
- AddedSport also uses a marketing database management program that deploys a cookie when a user interacts with a marketing communication, such as a marketing email or a marketing-based landing page on our website. This cookie collects personal information such as your name, which pages you visit on AddedSport website, your history arriving at AddedSport website and the like. We use this information to evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. You may set your browser to block these cookies.
- By using our website, you (the visitor) agree to allow third parties to process your IP address, in order to determine your location for the purpose of currency conversion. You also agree to have that currency stored in a session cookie in your browser (a temporary cookie which gets automatically removed when you close your browser). We do this in order for the selected currency to remain selected and consistent when browsing our website so that the prices can convert to your (the visitor) local currency.
- AddedSport tracks users when they cross from our primary public website (AddedSport.com) to our “AddedSport community” site by logging in with their user name and password, as well as when visitors to our website enter through a marketing landing page. AddedSport also keeps a record of third party websites accessed when a user is on AddedSport site and clicks on a hyperlink. But AddedSport does not track users to subsequent sites and does not serve targeted advertising to them.
When and how we share information with others
Information you’ve entered into our AddedSport contact forms are maintained in association with a user profile. The personal information AddedSport collects from you is stored in one or more databases hosted by third parties located in the United States. These third parties do not use or have access to your personal information for any purpose other than cloud storage and retrieval. On occasion, AddedSport engages third parties to mail information to you.
We do not otherwise reveal your personal data to third-parties for their independent use unless: (1) you request or authorize it; (2) it’s in connection AddedSport hosted and AddedSport co-sponsored conferences as described above; (3) the information is provided to comply with the law (for example, to comply with a search warrant, subpoena or court order), enforce an agreement we have with you, or to protect our rights, property or safety, or the rights, property or safety of our employees or others; (4) the information is provided to our agents, vendors or service providers who perform functions on our behalf; (5) to address emergencies or acts of God; or (6) to address disputes, claims, or to persons demonstrating legal authority to act on your behalf. We may also gather aggregated data about our members and Site visitors and disclose the results of such aggregated (but not personally identifiable) information to our partners, service providers, advertisers and/or other third parties for marketing or promotional purposes.
Data subject rights
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation and other countries’ privacy laws provide certain rights for data subjects. A good explanation of them (in English) is available on the website of the United Kingdom’s Information Commissioner’s Office.
This Privacy Notice is intended to provide you with information about what personal data AddedSport collects about you and how it is used. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to confirm that AddedSport is processing your personal data, or to have access to the personal data AddedSport may have about you, please contact us at email@example.com
You may also request information about: the purpose of the processing; the categories of personal data concerned; who else outside AddedSport might have received the data from AddedSport; what the source of the information was (if you didn’t provide it directly to AddedSport); and how long it will be stored. You have a right to correct (rectify) the record of your personal data maintained by AddedSport if it is inaccurate. You may request that AddedSport erase that data or cease processing it, subject to certain exceptions. You may also request that AddedSport cease using your data for direct marketing purposes. In many countries, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority if you have concerns about how AddedSport processes your personal data. When technically feasible, AddedSport will—at your request—provide your personal data to you or transmit it directly to another controller.
Reasonable access to your personal data will be provided at no cost upon request made to AddedSport at firstname.lastname@example.org . If access cannot be provided within a reasonable time frame, AddedSport will provide you with a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, AddedSport will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied.
Security of your information
To help protect the privacy of data and personally identifiable information you transmit through use of this Site, we maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards. We update and
test our security technology on an ongoing basis. We restrict access to your personal data to those employees who need to know that information to provide benefits or services to you. In addition, we train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information. We commit to taking appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce our employees’ privacy responsibilities.
Data storage and retention
Your personal data is stored by AddedSport on its servers, and on the servers of the cloud-based database management services AddedSport engages, these services are stored across the globe and are managed and maintained by their professional teams. AddedSport retains data for the duration of the customer’s business relationship with AddedSport and for a period of time thereafter to allow members to recover accounts if they decide to renew, to analyse the data for AddedSport’s own operations, and for historical and archiving purposes associated with AddedSport’s history as a membership association. For more information on where and how long your personal data is stored, and for more information on your rights of erasure and portability, please contact AddedSport’s privacy officer at email@example.com .
Changes and updates to the Privacy Notice
As our organization, membership and benefits change from time to time, this Privacy Notice and Conditions of Use is expected to change as well. We reserve the right to amend the Privacy Notice and Conditions of Use at any time, for any reason, without notice to you, other than the posting of the amended Privacy Notice and Conditions of Use at this Site. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and terms and conditions and will e-mail AddedSport members of material changes thereto, but you should check our Site frequently to see the current Privacy Notice and Conditions of Use that is in effect and any changes that may have been made to it.
Questions, concerns or complaints Please contact us : firstname.lastname@example.org .