AddedEducation, a division of The Added Company, provides an array of services for students and athletes in Asia, in their pursuit of tertiary education opportunities. We are dedicated to up-skilling gifted students and student-athletes in Asia, providing them with resources and opportunity for leveraging their talent to access top-notch tertiary education globally.
Founded by a twin-brother-and-sister-duo, former student-athletes, who were recruited-athletes at Stanford and UC Berkeley, AddedEducation has become one of Asia’s leading Higher Education counselling firms. Based in Singapore with operations across South-East Asia, India and China, we are a team of young like-minded people united by a single mission: to support and promote academic and sporting excellence among the Asian youth. Despite being profitable since its first year of operations, The Added Company recently raised a series A round of funding from a consortium of investors to further scale up operations and hire quality individuals to bring new thought and leadership. Currently under the AddedEducation brand, our business needs are focused on US, UK and Canada university admissions services, boarding school preparatory services and pre-high school development services.
Another division of The Added Company is DreamBig Events. DreamBig Events is an experiential platform that provides immersive experiences for high school students. We conduct elite summer tours, summer camps, university showcase events to help high school students have the required critical exposure that is needed, along their university admissions journey.
AddedEducation is looking for a Lead Counselor, who will advise students and parents through the college application process and provide guidance on their future Tertiary Education goals.
Main Duties And Responsibilities:
- Work closely with clients (student athletes & academic clients) and other consultants to provide support for client requirements and priorities. These include – College career planning for clients in collaboration with other consultants, Communication with US university/college admissions, coaches and other professionals.
- Educating students and parents about colleges, the college admissions process, trends, procedures, and testing; advising and supporting clients and families as they go through the process; help students and families aspire realistically and choose wisely.
- Advising students and families on curricular choices leading to college admissions for different educational systems, especially aspects unique to them, especially for sports, athletic clients.
- Ideate, Execute, and course correct the client engagement strategy. Helping students, athletes, not only apply to college but clarify their grander vision. Understand their strengths, weaknesses, goals and development needs.
- Brainstorm with clients and their families for student profile building.
- Making informational presentations to parents and other audiences through webinars, discussion forums.
- Being aware of issues and trends in college admission, higher education, testing, as well as keeping up-to-date about specific colleges and representing AddedEducation at relevant conferences and events.
- Maintaining and disseminating information about standardized tests such as SAT, ACT, and TOEFL.
- To coordinate with partners / vendors to ensure all dependencies to or from AddedEducation are being met.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- A good Bachelor’s Degree from a reputed university (India, Singapore, UK, USA or Australia)
- You should have the passion and the motivation to work. The successful candidate will need to have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A Passion for Sports and education and mentoring young athletes, young students.
- Strong organizational ability and result-oriented mindset
- Exceptional communication skills – writing, interviewing and research skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat
- Almost a superhuman attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while meeting demanding deadlines, producing high quality work and projecting a positive attitude
- Experience in college admissions or high school college counseling and understanding of admissions for educational systems around the world is a major plus
- Knowledge of global universities, their academic programs, admission policies, and financial policies and procedures
- Demonstrates the AddedEducation Values – Listen, Ideate, Strategize, Tenacity
Apply For This Position
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US, IN RETURN IS:
- A highly collaborative environment that pushes you to think beyond your boundaries.
- A diverse workload, keeping you continually stimulated.
- An open forum for expression of ideas.
- Diverse opportunities to grow wings for your entrepreneurial ideas.
- Having a start-up mindset will allow you to get your hands wet into a multitude of things.